Featured Post

Letterboxd Reviews

So as you know, I stopped writing lengthy reviews on this site this year, keeping the blog as more of a film diary of sorts.  Lo and behold,...

Thursday, July 30, 2009

A Year in Movies

Update...I've got a 3rd movie to add to my B+ list which makes me happy...although I would've never guessed that my top two movies of the year would've been horror flicks.

A *** 0/63 = 0%
None

A- *** 1/63 = 1.59%

B+ *** 3/63 = 4.76%

B *** 6/63 = 9.52%

B- *** 4/63 = 6.35%

C+ *** 6/63 = 9.52%

C *** 7/63 = 11.11%

C- *** 5/63 = 7.94%

D+ *** 7/63 = 11.11%

D *** 10/63 = 15.87%

D- *** 7/63 = 11.11%

F *** 7/63 = 11.11%

I would say that anything C+ or above would be something that I would recommend people to see. Therefore, based on the above ratings, I would say that of the movies I've seen, I would say that 20 movies -- or 31.74% -- would be worth your watching. Down a little bit from my last Year in Movies post, but still not awful. And, if I'm being really honest, most of those movies in the 'C' section are worth your watching, too, but since I consider them only average, I figured I should only "recommend" things that are above average.

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe that you gave Drag Me To Hell an A-, but Hangover got a mere D+. Did You fall asleep in the movies I wonder? HMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I realize that I'm the only person in America that didn't like The Hangover. I was with it for 30 minutes and then it lost me as soon as the Asian gangsters came into play. I don't want to rehash my issues with it (there's obviously a review that discusses that in detail), but I really didn't care for it all that much.

    ReplyDelete