Featured Post

Letterboxd Reviews

So as you know, I stopped writing lengthy reviews on this site this year, keeping the blog as more of a film diary of sorts.  Lo and behold,...

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Movie Review - Jonas Brothers: The Concert Experience (2009)

Starring the Jonas Brothers
Directed by Bruce Hendricks

If ever there was a movie not made for me, this is it. I mean, at least The Hannah Montana Movie had a story wrapped around Miley Cyrus's songs. But this is just a concert with a few (obviously staged) real-life moments. I know nothing about the Jonas Brothers except for the fact that my ten year-old cousin doesn't even like them, so I knew I wasn't getting dragged to the theater by her to see this one.

There's really nothing to say. I mean, I guess the concert footage was shot nice (Let's not discuss the simply ridiculous "music video" type scene in Central Park with the one guy playing a white piano and another guy playing a tambourine while wearing a bright red bow tie...ugh...). If you liked the Jonas Brothers, I'm sure you'd love it. I don't get the massive fan screaming over any artist and I never will (although I guess I'll see a bunch of middle aged women screaming over Paul McCartney when I see him this upcoming weekend). Although all the songs they sang sounded exactly the same to me, I enjoyed the fact that they used some electrified violins and cellos and other various strings in their songs. Yeah...I'll go with that as my one compliment to their music.

Anyway, it's tough to rate a movie that holds no appeal to you at all...I'll go with the grade below, although I have absolutely no desire to see a second of the movie ever again. This was made for a select group of people and I'm not part of that group at all.

The RyMickey Rating: D

No comments:

Post a Comment