Featured Post

Letterboxd Reviews

So as you know, I stopped writing lengthy reviews on this site this year, keeping the blog as more of a film diary of sorts.  Lo and behold,...

Monday, September 14, 2009

A Year of Firsts

  • Attended my first film festival in lovely Newark, Delaware. It was okay. I had a good time, but the films were a little lacking. I've been told that the Philly Film Fest will be much better.
  • I got flashed at for the first time...those University of Delaware chicks will just pull out their boobs for anybody...maybe it is time to go back to school...

4 comments:

  1. So I've been looking forward to the premiere of "The Age of Stupid" for a while, but of course the one-night-only screening event falls on the same night I'm working Jimmy Carter's acceptance of the Global Nonviolence Award, so it looks like I won't be able to make it. Anyway, I don't know if you've heard of this, it's supposed to be very "eye-opening," whatever that means. So I pasted the information below for the screening at Bel Air, but if I'm not mistaken Brandywine's showing it as well.

    " Don't miss this important, one-time-only U.S. screening of the global warming docudrama, The Age of Stupid.

    September 21, 2009
    7:30 p.m.
    Bel Air Cinema 14
    409 Constant Friendship Blvd
    Abingdon, MD, 21009

    Immediately following the film will be a special event simulcast from New York, featuring a performance by Radiohead's Thom Yorke and comments from Kofi Annan, James Hansen, Moby, as well as leading climate experts and activists. "

    Let me know if you end up going!

    (PS I'm putting this on Thomas' blog as well)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know that Rose was a spam-bot now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://tinyurl.com/n8d4xv

    Concept art from Duncan Jones' new movie.

    ReplyDelete