Featured Post

Letterboxd Reviews

So as you know, I stopped writing lengthy reviews on this site this year, keeping the blog as more of a film diary of sorts.  Lo and behold,...

Thursday, September 10, 2009

2009 Newark Film Festival

Starting today, I'm headed to exotic Newark, Delaware, to attend the 2009 Newark Film Festival. At this point, I'm feeling like the fest is a little heavy on documentaries, but I'm all for docs as long as they're interesting and have a point. Also, it's slightly disappointing that two or three of these just recently came out on dvd. Oh, well...I'm looking at this as prep for the Philly Film Fest next April.

It'll be 21 movies spread out over six days...so expect a bunch of posts for a bunch of movies you've never heard of within the next few days...

4 comments:

  1. what are you guys watching saturday? I may be in the area visiting a friend and maybe I could join you if you didn't mind and it worked out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda - I'm not sure...I don't have the schedule in front of me. It's pretty much all documentaries for us on Saturday...I'm not watching the "narrative" movies until next week, for the most part.

    Justin - Apparently, it's tough to do Toronto if you're not in the press. It was brought up by my fellow film fest-goer, but after he looked into it, it doesn't look like a feasible option.

    ReplyDelete