Featured Post

Letterboxd Reviews

So as you know, I stopped writing lengthy reviews on this site this year, keeping the blog as more of a film diary of sorts.  Lo and behold,...

Wednesday, April 08, 2009

We Are the Champions

Who cares the the rings were incredibly ostentatious?  It's still pretty damn cool that a hometown team can wear championship rings.

The Phillies Ring Ceremony happened this afternoon.  True, what kind of fan am I, since I forgot.  But, I did get to watch the replay a few minutes ago, and, admittedly, it was kinda cool to see everyone out on the field (loved the extra applause for Joe Blanton, Matt Stairs, and a seriously humbled Jamie Moyer).  

Then, to follow that up with a win this afternoon...sure, it helped that the Braves allowed the Phils to literally walk right over home plate six times, but it was a nice cap to a day that doesn't come often enough in Philly.

We'll forget about the fact that the Phils' offense still needs some work (although that is showing some life) and that Myers, Moyer, and Blanton haven't looked so hot so far...we'll forget about it for today at least.

1 comment:

  1. Well...you know, I guess maybe I was trying to make it a "happy" post.

    But, yeah, they definitely booed him...perhaps not undeservedly, but I'm with you...only in Philly...

    ReplyDelete