Featured Post

Letterboxd Reviews

So as you know, I stopped writing lengthy reviews on this site this year, keeping the blog as more of a film diary of sorts.  Lo and behold,...

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Coming Attractions

500 Days of Summer - Final Trailer

I know I posted this the last time I did a trailer round-up, but this movie is quickly becoming my most anticipated of the summer. The scene in the trailer where they're dancing and an animated bird lands on his finger...awesomeness.

The Hurt Locker
I'm ready for a good war movie.

Extract
Great cast here...Jason Bateman, Kristin Wiig, J.K. Simmons, Mila Kunis, Ben Affleck, and Clifton Collins, Jr. (seriously, this guy is everywhere now...Sunshine Cleaning, Crank 2)...written by the Office Space/King of the Hill guys.

6 comments:

  1. When Extract shifted to the pot/drugs thing, it kinda lost me, but until that point, I was interested (still am because of the cast).

    I loved the last shot of the Hurt Locker trailer. There was something so simple about it (the "spiderweb of bombs"), but terrifying at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should have watched that when I had the chance. Silly loyalty to tomtom paired with uncomfortableness via long car rides with somewhat strangers - they'll get you every time. I hope you two will invite me to/let me know about your after hours viewing when it comes out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 500 Days of Summer still looks fantastic.

    You called Hurt Locker the War Locker. I giggle at thee.

    The Extract trailer reminded me of this: http://icantseeyou.typepad.com/my_weblog/2009/04/the-best-workplace-safety-video-ever-made.html

    Might I suggest putting this up too:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIexG8179K8

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I did call it the War Locker...I want to see it regardless of what it's called.

    I was gonna put the Moon trailer up, but when I told Thomas about the trailer and what happened in it, he told me it gave too much away...so I'm trying to not remember it at all and go into it fresh...that's why that one didn't go up.

    Meggo -- You should've gone to see Summer...then we all could've been jealous of you...loyalty to Tomtom be damned!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes. but now I still have my dignity. - at least as it is related to that situation

    ReplyDelete
  6. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAnAaFgjiiA

    ReplyDelete