Featured Post

Letterboxd Reviews

So as you know, I stopped writing lengthy reviews on this site this year, keeping the blog as more of a film diary of sorts.  Lo and behold,...

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Movie Review - Horsemen (2009)

Starring Dennis Quaid, Ziyi Zhang, Clifton Collins, Jr., and Lou Taylor Pucci
Directed by Jonas Akerlund

Clifton Collins, Jr. Alert! The character actor continues his trend of being in a bunch of movies this year...and in this fifth film of his this year, I'm not sure Mr. Collins is a good actor.

Dennis Quaid (better here than in G.I. Joe and Pandorum...although that's not saying much) is police detective Aidan Breslin who is investigating a serial killer who murders based on the biblical Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

Unfortunately, there's no driving force here. This movie should have been suspenseful, but it's just boring (fortunately it's only 85 minutes, so it doesn't really overstay its welcome). And there's a "twist" that I saw coming thirty minutes in...and it's just absolutely ridiculous and obvious.

There's really no point in discussing this anymore...I'm sure no one's heard of this one despite it's release in theaters (I'm not sure if that should be pluralized or not since I'd never heard of it either) and based on this rating, I'm sure no one will care to watch it...nor should they.

The RyMickey Rating: 1/5


Side Note: According to the tags (which admittedly may not be 100% correct), this is the 200th movie review on the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment