Featured Post

Letterboxd Reviews

So as you know, I stopped writing lengthy reviews on this site this year, keeping the blog as more of a film diary of sorts.  Lo and behold,...

Thursday, November 19, 2009

A Christmas Movie a Day Line-Up - REVISED

EDITED on 11/22/09 to add The Merry Gentleman and remove How the Grinch Stole Christmas (because I already know I despise the latter, so why subject myself to watch Jim Carrey ham it up again?)

So, my Christmas Movie a Day task starts next Wednesday and for 31 days, I'll be posting a Christmas movie review a day. Now, there will be certain liberties (two days will be set aside for classic Christmas tv specials rather than movies), but the general idea is there.

Here's the line-up of flicks I'm undertaking (subject to change, of course, mainly based on Netflix availability). I tried to do a wide variety of flicks from all eras, so there's a good mix of old and new. Watch along with me if you'd like...the movies are linked to their imdb page. Those that are starred are movies that I have never seen before, so, as you'll notice, half of them will be new to me.

11 comments:

  1. Christmas in Conn. is when I fell in love with Barbara Stanwyck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christmas in Connecticut is on there for you...I actually just bought it as part of some 4-disc Turner Classic Movies Holiday Movie set, so I'm looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was the Bishop's wife in that too?

    ReplyDelete
  4. No...the set was Christmas in Connecticut, The Shop Around the Corner, It Happened on Fifth Avenue, and A Christmas Carol (from the 1930s...whatever one is on the list). I figured for $15 bucks, even if only one of them is good (and if I remember correctly, I like The Shop Around the Corner although it's been awhile since I've seen it), it'll be worth the price.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wait... Wait.... Wait. You haven't seen It's A Wonderful Life?

    And you say you're a Jimmy Stewart fan, for shame.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wait... Wait.... Wait. You haven't seen It's A Wonderful Life?

    And you say you're a Jimmy Stewart fan, for shame.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE Silent Night, Deadly Night. Best Cheesy horror movie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Justin - Nope, never seen it...shocking, I know since I rave about Mr. Stewart all the time. It's just been one of those things...It'll be on tv, but it'll already be half over, so I've just avoided it all these years. Last year, I bought the darn thing and told myself that it's time to watch it...

    Becky - I'm actually looking forward to that little horror block of "Silent Night, Deadly Night", "Santa's Slay," and "Gremlins." I saw a little clip of the beginning of SNDN and I cracked up, so here's hoping it's "a winner."

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't seen it either - no shame in that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I never knew they showed them last year, so that could be promising...

    And Meghan, I'm shocked that you haven't seen it either!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thomas I feel like we discussed the morning movie thing last year. was elf one of them?
    I think that's when I heard about it. When elf was the only (last) week left. bummer.

    ReplyDelete