Featured Post

Letterboxd Reviews

So as you know, I stopped writing lengthy reviews on this site this year, keeping the blog as more of a film diary of sorts.  Lo and behold,...

Friday, June 19, 2009

Movie Review - Clue (1985)

Starring Eileen Brennan, Tim Curry, Madeline Kahn, Christopher Lloyd, Michael McKean, Martin Mull, and Leslie Ann Warren
Written and Directed by Jonathan Lynn

It had been a long time since I'd seen this comedy and, as I plugged in the dvd, I wondered if it would hold up after a few years.

The good news is that it does and I found that the comedy is incredibly clever and much of the humor stems from witty wordplay.

All of the actors (who, let's be honest here, you have likely heard of, but aren't exactly stars) are quite engaging. This cast of characters arrives at an imposing mansion and people start turning up dead. Similar to the board game, the goal here is to determine who killed these folks, in what room, and with what implement of death.

If you haven't seen this movie, it's a nice hidden gem that, while nothing incredibly special, is certainly smart. Plus (while I don't want to ruin anything for those who haven't seen it), the way the film ends is genius.

The RyMickey Rating: B

2 comments:

  1. I love Clue! I can finally agree with one of your movie ratings! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remembered loving this when I was something like 12, but I'm certainly not 12 anymore.

    I bought it cheap last year and was afraid to watch it because I didn't want to "not like it." I shouldn't have worried, because it still made me laugh...

    ReplyDelete