Featured Post

Letterboxd Reviews

So as you know, I stopped writing lengthy reviews on this site this year, keeping the blog as more of a film diary of sorts.  Lo and behold,...

Sunday, January 25, 2009

A Year of Firsts

The year of firsts continues...

- Ate smoked salmon and an edible flower - went to a "fancy" champagne brunch for my grandmother's 80th birthday and had some smoked salmon...I mean, I think it was raw (but if it's smoked, is it raw?), I guess, but it tasted much better than the sushi I had earlier in the year. My little cousin convinced me to eat the flower that garnished my plate as well. My first foray in edible botanicals (well, I guess all plants are botanicals, but you get what I mean...this one had petals and stems and stuff). By the way, I'm 100% sure that 90% of this "year of first" stuff is gonna be related to food...I led a very sheltered life...

- Saw our new Vice President in person - I'll relay the story to those that want to hear it when I see you, but suffice it to say that the 5 SUVs and numerous Secret Service guys kinda make you nervous (which I guess is kinda their job, so they do it well). But, I can now say that I've been steps away from a Vice President...I mean, that's kinda cool even if I didn't vote for him...

1 comment:

  1. I'm so jealous!!! and I think you should add Riverdance to your year of firsts!!!! you'll love it!!

    ReplyDelete