Featured Post

Letterboxd Reviews

So as you know, I stopped writing lengthy reviews on this site this year, keeping the blog as more of a film diary of sorts.  Lo and behold,...

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

What I'm Listening To - "Spiralling" - Keane

Possibly a weekly thing, I figured why not post some of what I'm listening to on my iPod...not that these songs will necessarily be current...they'll simply be my favorite song "of the moment." Music's much more subjective to me than visual media (I don't know why I feel that way, but I do), so no reviews here...



Keane's previous albums (what am I supposed to call them now? Albums still sounds right...) have been low key affairs with the piano as the focal instrument (their use of guitars is minimal -- it's pretty much just a piano, drums, and vocals). With "Spiralling" off of their newest cd, Perfect Symmetry, Keane definitely is moving in a different direction adding a definite 80s British pop sound to their repertoire.

Old style Keane is below -- "Somewhere Only We Know" -- just as good, but definitely different...

4 comments:

  1. Jeff this is a good song. I'm loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This so-called "anonymous" here posts quite a bit..Is it only one "anonymous" or are there more than one -- "Anonymi" -- if you will.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aha! You got it. There ARE two of us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. But see, you could easily just be trying to trick me. How do I know you're not Anonymous #1 playing it off as if you're Anonymous #2? Obviously, that could certainly be the game you're trying to play.

    I'm onto you, Anonymous, I'm onto you!!!!

    ReplyDelete