Featured Post

Letterboxd Reviews

So as you know, I stopped writing lengthy reviews on this site this year, keeping the blog as more of a film diary of sorts.  Lo and behold,...

Thursday, December 31, 2009

The (Personal) Year in Review

Quite a year 2009 has been for me. I'll be posting some other year-end wrap-ups soon, but first, just a little personal note on my year in general.

If you've been following along, I'm sure you've seen my Year of Firsts posts. If not, here's a link to all of them. Not that there's anything too exciting on there, but I expanded my horizons a little (even if some things [like those MRIs and arterial ultrasounds] I'd prefer I hadn't experienced).

And that's what I take away from this year...probably the first year in a really long time where I feel like I did things. Sitting at home wasn't really on my agenda this year and I had a great time not being there.

True, it hasn't always been sunshine and lollipops, and it may be ending on a note that I'd prefer it didn't (not that things can't change...time heals all [maybe?], so I've heard), but I had a great time this year.

For those that made this such a memorable year for me (I'm sure you know who you are), I can say nothing but a truly genuine and heartfelt "thank you." I had a fun year and I couldn't ask for anything more than that.

Thanks for taking this sheltered 29 year-old guy and showing him that there are things outside of the four walls of his house and his job.

Thanks for allowing me into your life as well. Lord knows I'm not without faults and I wholeheartedly appreciate your willingness to (sometimes) look past them.

I'm a better person because of 2009 and I can't really ask for anything more than that.

Here's to 2010 being just as promising.

3...2..1...

...And it begins.

3 comments:

  1. Granted - It has been an emotional few days. But...Jeff!
    That was nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure it has been quite an emotional few days for you.

    I can't tell whether your comment is laced with sarcasm as or not (although, I think not), but just know that the "thanks" in this post is, in part, certainly directed towards you (assuming you're the "Anonymous" that I think you are).

    I had a lot of good times this year and you were a big part of it.

    ReplyDelete