Featured Post

Letterboxd Reviews

So as you know, I stopped writing lengthy reviews on this site this year, keeping the blog as more of a film diary of sorts.  Lo and behold,...

Friday, December 11, 2009

Movie Review - The Princess and the Frog (2009)

Featuring the voice talent of Anika Noni Rose, Bruno Campos, and Oprah Winfrey
Directed by Ron Clements and John Musker

Just a mini-review here for the moment...there were a few issues with the presentation that caused me to leave the theater for a bit, so I wasn't able to "completely" see it (although I may have missed all of two minutes combined).

Nevertheless, here's my quick random thoughts with a more thorough review to come later on this month upon a second viewing.

Definitely old school Disney. Beautiful hand-drawn animation. Decent songs actually sung by the characters. An overall enjoyable experience.

The rating will likely fall into the 3.5/5 or 4/5 range.

Certainly worth checking out...

3 comments:

  1. Really? I have been waiting to read your review on this movie and that is all i get? I think this might be Mia's first movie in a theater (once all the kids are back in school)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, Becky...They'll be a review forthcoming...I just really didn't get a chance to view it uniterrupted the way I wanted to.

    It was very good, although slightly scary in that way that they all are (those darn villains ain't ever nice).

    And -- yea! for Mia's first movie being a Disney one and not some trash like Alvin and the Chipmunks The Squeakel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whew! I thought that was your review. I have heard good things about it. Expect to see us probably that first week of Jan. I'll be the one saying over and over again "Mia, sit down. Mia Sit down!"

    ReplyDelete