Featured Post

Letterboxd Reviews

So as you know, I stopped writing lengthy reviews on this site this year, keeping the blog as more of a film diary of sorts.  Lo and behold,...

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Movie Review - Alien Trespass (2009)

Alien Trespass
Starring Eric McCormack and Robert Patrick
Directed by R.W. Goodwin

Homage: Something done in acknowledgment or consideration of the worth of another.

Sure, an "homage" sounds awfully nice, but are cheesy sci fi movies from the 1950s really worthy of accolades?

After a clever and amusing three-minute newsreel that opens the show (there's no film company logo at the beginning...simply the newsreel), the film just goes downhill with a simple plot about an alien spacecraft landing in New Mexico (or Arizona...I'm sure it was said, but I zoned out multiple times). I'm fairly certain Alien Trespass was supposed to be a comedy, but I didn't laugh a single time.

There's really not a whole lot to say about this one. After seeing the film, I'm shocked that I actually saw commercials for it earlier this year and that it was actually released in theaters. I'm not sure who this is supposed to appeal to, but it certainly didn't do a thing for me.

The RyMickey Rating: D-

No comments:

Post a Comment