Featured Post

Letterboxd Reviews

So as you know, I stopped writing lengthy reviews on this site this year, keeping the blog as more of a film diary of sorts.  Lo and behold,...

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Coming Attractions

Nine

Daniel Day Lewis proved he's an impressive actor in There Will Be Blood, so the fact that he's trying his hand at a musical is interesting to me. I'll try to forget the fact that Fergie (from the Black Eyed Peas) and Kate Hudson are in it...

Precious

Mo'nique is already getting Oscar buzz for this one. I didn't even realize that was Mariah Carey at first. Looks like it may be able to rise above the typical urban drama.

The Princess and the Frog

I don't really even want to think about this at the moment. I'm thrilled beyond belief that hand-drawn animation is back, but I don't know about this one...

4 comments:

  1. Well...Oprah says there's Oscar buzz...and when Oprah speaks, you'd best listen or else you'll have to face her wrath...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only watched the Nine trailer, but don't really have much interest in seeing it. Much more interested in the other movie with the same title.

    In regards to the fact that that's 'oscar buzz' in may, on one of the message boards I go to there's a poster, who compiles a list of who's likely to win/get nominated and all that and he posted his first edition for 2009 last month. o_o

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also. You better pray that Princess does well. They're probably using it as a gauge to judge the public's feelings about animation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oprah thinks Tyler Perry movies are Oscar-worthy.

    ReplyDelete