Featured Post

Letterboxd Reviews

So as you know, I stopped writing lengthy reviews on this site this year, keeping the blog as more of a film diary of sorts.  Lo and behold,...

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

What I'm Listening To - "Flight of the Bumblebee" by The Five Browns

I clicked into iTunes and looked at my Play Count to see which song I had listened to the most and this one was #1. So, we move into the classical realm this week. Maybe I connected with this group because I play the piano, or maybe it's just the music geek in me that thinks it's really cool that these five young brothers and sisters simply play the piano at the same time. Sometimes duets can be overindulgent and one would think that if five people were playing at the same time that sense would just be multiplied. However, when the five of them play together, there's something very powerful there.

Give it a listen...this first one -- Rimsky-Korsakov's "Flight of the Bumblebee" is less than 90 seconds long...


The 5 Browns - Flight of the Bumble Bee (Official Music Video) - The funniest home videos are here

My second favorite of theirs -- "Selections from West Side Story" (Bernstein) isn't embeddable, but you can check it out on youtube.

However, my third choice -- Gershwin's "Rhapsody in Blue" is embedded below.

No comments:

Post a Comment