Featured Post

Letterboxd Reviews

So as you know, I stopped writing lengthy reviews on this site this year, keeping the blog as more of a film diary of sorts.  Lo and behold,...

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

What I'm Listening To -- "The Show" by Lenka

I guess this we're going into pop this week -- not pop in that Britney Spears-sense, mind you. Australian singer Lenka released her self-titled first album in September 2008 and the video below is for her first single, "The Show." Personally, I think the video is just as good as the song...there's no denying the sweet, sugary pop component that's present in them both.


The Show - Lenka

The way she says "can't" has me swooning over her for some reason.

The video for her second single -- the somewhat creepy "Trouble is a Friend" -- is below. Another neat video that does an incredible job of mirroring the tune and lyrics of the song.



Come on...with puppet birds and puppet vegetables in the first video and shadow puppets in the second, what's not to love about Lenka?

1 comment:

  1. She got progressively cuter in the first video. I liked it.

    Second one, not so much. No real reason.

    ReplyDelete