Featured Post

Letterboxd Reviews

So as you know, I stopped writing lengthy reviews on this site this year, keeping the blog as more of a film diary of sorts.  Lo and behold,...

Tuesday, February 03, 2009

What I'm Listening To - "Abracadabra" by Robin McKelle

Delving into jazz this week...I don't even know how I came across Robin McKelle, but I think it was via iTunes.  Her name was under a "People Who Listen to xxx Also Bought This" column.





Robin McKelle is new to the scene (and let's be honest, I'm sure jazz singers aren't a hot commodity in the music video world), so not much is available online showcasing her talent. The above is a cover of the Steve Miller Band's "Abracadabra" from her 2008 album Modern Antique. It's definitely a good sample of her voice and the reworking of the song is better than the original, I think.

Unfortunately, that's all I could find (admittedly, there's another music video, but it's kinda odd, so no link is going up here), but you can discover it on youtube if you so desire. It's unfortunate because my two favorite songs of hers -- "Comes Love" (a catchy Latin-tinged number) and "Remember" (a self-penned ballad) -- are unavailable in even live performances online.

Both Modern Antique and her debut album Introducing Robin McKelle are available to listen to and purchase on iTunes.

1 comment:

  1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRCVP30Ip40&feature=PlayList&p=B4C10143ECAB0B37&index=11 The cover I was telling you about.

    ReplyDelete