Featured Post

Letterboxd Reviews

So as you know, I stopped writing lengthy reviews on this site this year, keeping the blog as more of a film diary of sorts.  Lo and behold,...

Wednesday, September 07, 2016

Movie Review - Hitchcock/Truffaut

Hitchcock/Truffaut (2015)
Directed by Kent Jones
***This films currently streaming on HBO Now***

A few years ago, I embarked on a month long Hitchcock Fest delving into all of the great director's talking pictures and it was my favorite thing I've ever done on this blog.  (Seriously, check it out -- easy access via the sidebar.)  Of course, with my fascination with Hitch, it was inevitable that I'd check out Kent Jones' documentary Hitchcock/Truffaut which details the week-long interview French director François Truffaut had with his idol back in 1962.

As much as I love Hitch, this documentary serves more as a commercial for Truffaut's book detailing the aforementioned interview which carries the same title as this film.  Sure, here we get some fascinating interviews with directors like David Fincher and Martin Scorsese who wax eloquently over Vertigo and Psycho, but in the end, all I really want to do is snag a copy of Hitchcock/Truffaut -- which I will be doing ever so soon.  (How I don't have a copy of this already is astounding to me.)  As a documentary, I'm admittedly not quite sure of its purpose and although I enjoyed watching it, I wouldn't particularly tell anyone who isn't a huge Hitchcock fan to give it a go.

The RyMickey Rating:  B-

No comments:

Post a Comment