Featured Post

Letterboxd Reviews

So as you know, I stopped writing lengthy reviews on this site this year, keeping the blog as more of a film diary of sorts.  Lo and behold,...

Monday, December 24, 2012

"But wouldn't it be great..."

"...if Number One this Christmas wasn't some smug teenager, but an old ex-heroin addict searching for a comeback at any price? All those young popsters, come Christmas Day... they'll be stretched out naked with a cute bird balancing on their balls, and I'll be stuck in some dingy flat with me manager, Joe, ugliest man in the world, fucking miserable because our fucking gamble didn't pay off. So if you believe in Father Christmas, children, like your Uncle Billy does, buy my festering turd of a record. And particularly enjoy the incredible crassness of the moment when we try to squeeze an extra syllable into the fourth line.  'If you really love Christmas, come on and let it snow.'  Ouch!"



For the next 24 hours, join me on a tour of movies and tv shows that don't exactly find Christmas the most cheery holiday around.  Don't take this as your lovable blogger being in a "Bah Humbug!"-type mood.  I just found it mildly amusing that Christmas isn't always the happiest holiday around for all.

That said, I hope your Christmas will be a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment