Featured Post

Letterboxd Reviews

So as you know, I stopped writing lengthy reviews on this site this year, keeping the blog as more of a film diary of sorts.  Lo and behold,...

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

I don't know if it's the fact that now that it's garnered Oscar nominations, I'm looking at the film differently and perhaps a little more critically, but I recently rewatched Midnight in Paris and boy, was my "B" rating way too high.  I found the whole flick this second time around rather pretentious.  While lovely to look at and acted fine by the leads (although Kathy Bates is really painful), it was almost a chore to sit through it a second time.  My original review can be found here (even though I'm incredibly "wrong" in it), but my adjusted rating is more along of lines of a "C."


4 comments:

  1. Thank you!
    I feel vindicated.
    Now you just need to come around on Crazy Stupid Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of these days I'll get around to watching it again...until then, I'll stick with thinking it's one of the best of the year...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ernest Hemingway scenes were an A. If you slept through everything else, it could easily be a B!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I kinda wish I'd slept through everything else this time around...

    ReplyDelete