Featured Post

Letterboxd Reviews

So as you know, I stopped writing lengthy reviews on this site this year, keeping the blog as more of a film diary of sorts.  Lo and behold,...

Friday, March 06, 2009

Coming Attractions

A look at some upcoming movies...

Up

Best movie of the summer? Best movie of the year? I don't know...I'm not getting the Wall*E excellence vibe from this one. If I lower the expectations, I know I'll like it more...

Star Trek

I wouldn't call myself a big Star Trek fan, but I definitely remember watching Star Trek: The Next Generation on Sunday nights when I was little...that would be the John-Luc Picard/Worf era...Nevertheless, this trailer looks quite good. J.J Abrams is a favorite of mine, so I'm hoping he succeeds with this one.

Terminator: Salvation

I'm the only person I know that actually liked the third Terminator movie (I didn't love it, but I liked it). I'm looking forward to this one, too. The addition of Christian Bale definitely adds something positive in the actor department. The trailer looks like your typical generic action movie trailer, but that's not necessarily a bad thing for a movie like this.

500 Days of Summer

A perfect antidote to regular summer fare. Some really funny lines in this trailer. Plus, it uses a Hall and Oates song! Long live Hall and Oates!

4 comments:

  1. Clearly someone is very bored on his vacation!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I watched the Up Trailer in front of Watchmen I couldn't stop laughing. I don't know. It was the first time i've felt giddy in years.

    And 500 Days of Summer... It's Joseph Gordon Levitt, I have to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Justin - I don't know...I'm not loving the Up trailer. It looks too cute almost. Then again, with the exception of Cars, Pixar's really yet to disappoint me.

    Tomtom - I'm digging the 500 Days of Summer trailer a lot. I put that one on there just for you, actually. I think it looks quite good. It'll be a nice change of pace for the summer months...it was the first I had ever seen anything about it and your gal Zooey isn't nearly as wide-eyed as usual...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Up is obviously going to be fluff, and compared to Wall*e it won't be as good, technically or thematically, but I can see myself giggling throughout the entire movie.
    I don't know if that's better than the smile that I had on my face throughout Wall*e or not.

    ReplyDelete