Featured Post

Letterboxd Reviews

So as you know, I stopped writing lengthy reviews on this site this year, keeping the blog as more of a film diary of sorts.  Lo and behold,...

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I Apologize...Now Go Buy Triscuits

I have no idea why, but ever since I checked out the site this morning, some audio advertisement telling me to go buy Triscuits and Kraft cheese has popped up as soon as the page loads. It's not a pop-up window, so I guessing one of the embedded videos has that at the beginning of it, but I can't for the life of me figure out which one it is...there's no Triscuits video loading when I quickly scroll down the page.

Oh, well...hopefully it'll go away soon...but for now, I'm going to go enjoy the hearty taste of Triscuits...one of the least appealing crackers of all time...

Edited to add: Now the ad is telling me to go buy Wheat Thins! Aargh! It's like Sophie's Choice here! Admittedly, I'd go with the Wheat Thins by a mile, but I just read that they're not a very healthy cracker...kind of ironic, since you'd think they were having "wheat" in their name and all...of course, that's probably the reason why I like them infinitely better than the sandpaper-like Triscuits.

Second Edit -- 3:30am Friday -- The video in question has been bumped to page two...so if you're reading this now, you'll have no idea what I'm talking about...feel free to still enjoy Triscuits (or Wheat Thins), though...whichever floats your boat...

3 comments:

  1. Same thing happened on Keyser's site. Turns out to be this video:

    http://www.metacafe.com/watch/sy-9466065001/kelly_clarkson_my_life_would_suck_without_you_official_music_video/

    It's been on the site for several days, and only started flogging Triscuits this morning. You must have an add from the same source or a similar one. Get rid of it to stop the annoying ad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And another first for me...a comment from someone whose blog has nudity!

    I've definitely made it!

    But, in all seriousness...thanks...I do have a metacafe video, so I'll look into taking that down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, Keyser tends to think it more as artsy girlie pictures, but he supposes there is some nakedness in there. "Nudity" by itself has a rather tawdry sound about it!

    ReplyDelete