Featured Post

Letterboxd Reviews

So as you know, I stopped writing lengthy reviews on this site this year, keeping the blog as more of a film diary of sorts.  Lo and behold,...

Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween Means Hitchcock


If it's Halloween-time, I can guarantee that you'll find me watching Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho -- simply the best movie ever made.  As a film buff when I watch this genius piece of cinema, I sometimes wish I was able to walk into this movie without any preconceived knowledge of it.  Imagine watching this not knowing the ingenious twist that occurs at the forty-six minute mark.

Still, after tens of viewings, I find myself discovering new and interesting things with each watch.  For instance, Marion's last name is "Crane" and she mentions that to Norman while in the midst of his stuffed birds -- certainly an ominous foreshadowing to her impending doom.

I've blogged about this flick twice before so I'll take this year off and simply send those of you reading this to my past posts regarding this masterpiece.


And while you're at it, feel free to check out posts from last October's 2010 Hitchcock Fest which found myself watching all of Hitchcock's Hollywood films (and also some of his very early British work).


Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment